CBS LINE Volume 4(7) Livelihood Dynamics and Market Realities of Women-Led Seafood Micro-Enterprises in Coastal Kerala Ameena A Research Scholar Centre for Budget Studies, CUSAT I happened to explore the coastal areas of Kochi, Alappuzha, and Kollam in Kerala to interact with women-led micro seafood enterprises. The aim was to understand their products, marketing practices, business ideas and how these products are sold to the market. The conversations with these women were unique, meaningful, and inspiring. Each interaction revealed a different perspective on their life, work, and entrepreneurship. I realized that most of the women thought very differently from what I had initially expected. Rather than dreaming of building large businesses or expanding into competitive markets, they had been seeking simple ways to earn a modest income to meet their daily household needs. Through these conversations, I understood that long-term business ambitions had not driven their...
Comments
Post a Comment